[RUMOR] Giant Robot Fight in 2016 to be broadcast by NBCUniversal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RUMOR] Giant Robot Fight in 2016 to be broadcast by NBCUniversal

So I was in Akiba last weekend with some of my friends, and I just -finally- caught up to this whole thing.

So last July an American company called Megabots, Inc. made a publicity video calling out Suidobashi to a giant robot fight.

And Suidobashi was like "lol okay"

and that was that for a while.

But now, after a job posting from NBCUniversal on jobtalk.jp last September requesting additional marketing personnel that "must be able to travel and work in unorthodox environments" and "familiarity with mecha sci-fi ex. Gundam, Mechwarrior is an advantage" popped up, people are getting hyped. Suidobashi Heavy Industries has confirmed that they have been in contact with NBCUniversal, but have refused to say what it was about. Afaik, no word from Megabots, Inc. yet.

So as it stands... I'm buying tickets if this ever happens.
    Last edited by RLH; 2015-10-29, 12:56 PM. Reason: English is almost dead, grammar errors everywhere. Also, tags.
    MY SIGNATURE MAKES PEOPLE MAD.
    Yes, you can click on the big, red text. Also, meet mai new waifu. Isn't he lovely?

Wow, i herd about that "challenge" awhile ago but kinda figured nothing would ever come of it. Wonder what kind of rules they might have(no lazors, no projectiles, no incendaries, etc...) I'd like to see a nice melee fight between 2 robots(like battlebots was) but on a large scale.

They could make it interesting too and add allllll kinds of modifiers to it to maybe make it cooler too and really make the engineers think about how they design it. Imagine if they ended up saying it can't have any wheels... or must only have 2 "legs" to locomote. I'd give extra points if either one if painted like Ironman too...

Oh jeeze... I just got a nerd boner in my mind... i'll go back to the corner now.
    sigpic

Joey is cool.

Comment

I want to see it. Badly
      "Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago." -Skirnir

‎"Poorly would I remember the laws of the Jomsvikings if I shrank from death or spoke words of fear. Death comes to every man." -Unknown

Comment

I hear it is going to be directed by Micheal Bay.
        sigpic

Joey is cool.

Comment

I keep hoping that this leads to something like a sports league of fighting robots.

John_Gilgamesh
          Jordhav Family

Oronis / John
          Battlnet ID: Oronis#1392
          XBOX Live: Oronis
          Steam: Oronis22

Comment

Wasent there a movie about that... with hugh jackman.... .... ....*serches imdb* .... .. ... Looks like "Real Steel"
            sigpic

Joey is cool.

Comment

Necro for the lulz. Fight apparently happened already. Video coming Soon™.
              MY SIGNATURE MAKES PEOPLE MAD.
              Yes, you can click on the big, red text. Also, meet mai new waifu. Isn't he lovely?

Comment

I watched it on Twitch, it was both disappointing, and a waste of time. I was so looking forward to this and was left wanting.

Comment

Working...
                X